A Young, Vibrant Man

I was seated beside a guy who I know voted for Trump when Donald showed up on the television on Friday.

“I feel young. I’m a young, vibrant man,” Trump announced.

My lunch companion actually groaned.

“No longer on the Trump train?” I asked.

“He’s so f****ng stupid,” he answered.

Announcing that you’re young and vibrant when it’s been noted that you’re working the 11-2 shift every day is a little off.

Swearing that you’re in great shape when you’re hugely huge.

“I don’t think he thinks we can see him,” my buddy said, and I laughed.

Of course, it was all a response into Joe Biden, who is 76 years old, entering the race for president.

“Sleepy Joe,” he called him.

(The nickname thing is of particular annoyance. It’s like the election for 3rd grade class president, but here we are).

And I know that you must be at least 35 years old to be eligible to run for president, but what is the cut off for how old one can be?

Isn’t Bernie approaching 80?

I’m only 54 years old, and if I called myself a young, vibrant man my wife and kids might laugh themselves silly.

I’ve seen my Dad and my father-in-law at more than 70 years old.

N - A - P

Is in the plans for the day.

Will there be a day between 2020 and 2024 when the White House speaker says:

“The president just went down for his nap. Can we all give him a few hours.”

Young and vibrant.

The moments when he stands in front of the press and yells things that are defiant and confrontational and blatantly untrue.

“So f*****ng stupid.”

That’s an understatement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie