What a Week It's Been


It really started with the pepper party where Jim took the crown away from Pops in a stunning upset, and truth be told out of the 23 entries 10 of them could have won first without an argument. Believe it or not it was virtually impossible to try all of the entries, but everyone there gave it a go.

And the whole love thing continued on Sunday with the softball tournament. The above photo captures some of the fun, but Corinne didn't get into that particular photo because she didn't stop working from 9 a.m. to close. We have one with all of us and I'll get my hand on it sooner or later. I just know that we'll all live off that day for the rest of the year. Friends, family, life itself.

Good for the soul.

On Monday I went to work despite the fact that I was walking as if there were a big long stick rammed in a bad spot. Every step I took had the following dialogue:

"Oh God, Oh God, Oh God."

The shots to relieve pain in my groin and hip were right on time on Tuesday. It, of course comes with an interesting exchange.

A couple of months ago I went in for the MRI of the area. It was a procedure that also included shots in the groin area so I could get contrast added. The young nurse - about 25, and pretty was a little timid in her approach.

"Your shorts have to come down to your knees. I'll cover you as best as I can."

She had a hand towel.

"You're gonna' need a bigger towel," I said.

Her face went beet red.

Cue to Tuesday.

"Same procedure as last time," the girl said. "I have a bigger towel."

We both laughed.

And the rest of the day I stayed down and I felt weird, but there was relief.

Enough relief to board a plane and head to Boston for the Boss (30th concert) with a real quick turnaround so I could get another day of work in before the week ended.

(Review coming soon).

The first new book is heading to the editor. I'll keep you posted on the release date.

The second book will continue to be worked on. I'm hoping to get that one to the publisher by the end of September.

Life is best being lived.

A wise man once told me:

"Celebrate your life instead of trying to understand it."

I did that this week.

Back to brooding Cliffy next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty