Life At It's Best


Just another incredible day for the 2nd Thunder Road Memorial Softball Tourney in honor of Jeff.

I am having a hard time thinking about all the people who need to be thanked. From people who traveled hundreds of miles...my cousins from Baltimore are tremendous...special thank you to Dave Neisser and Mary Ann for scoring the loot that made the auction a success.

And the auction!

Terrie, Kim, and about a hundred other people who made such wonderful baskets, and then we just happen to have the most organized person in the world to run it.

Corinne is the greatest, but we all knew that.

And my college buddies Gag and Terry who made the trip...amazing. (More on Gag's family visit this week).

And my siblings...man oh man. And my Mom. And my beautiful wife and kids. The love makes your heart swell to Grinch-like sizes.

Jan Mathis ran the tourney itself and umped the games and even called me out without reason a couple of times, but he just went above and beyond. And the Grape Apes? Jeff Renaldo and Jeff Popple and Chris Miller and Larry Bowman and Chuck Leone and Frank Montaldi and the Cataldos and all the Colantinos?

It doesn't get any better. (Sorry if I left anyone out...and I did).

And I swear there are about a hundred more people to thank.

And I do thank you and love you for showing the Fuzzy's that there is so much love out there for us.

Raw deal?

You bet...but days like Sunday.

Man...gonna' cry.

And I can't afford to cry because everything hurts. I didn't really run, but I was standing a lot and I was on base a lot.

(Because I am still a tremendous hitter).

Ask me about the moment when they made me run the bases and eat an item of food at each base in order to give away a door prize.

Final count?

24 Stuffed peppers (over 2 days - I'm not a pig), enchilada (thanks Shannon), Hot dog, two meatballs (great Kim), another Mexican food, a SPAM sandwich.

I made my eating trip around the bases in three minutes and 15 seconds.

The running slowed me down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie