Beat to Death With a Coffee Mug

Perhaps there should be an expiration date on wedded bliss.

I was absolutely flabbergasted by the story of the 70-year-old woman who banged her 80-year old husband over the head with a coffee mug and then allegedly used a piece of the broken mug to slit his freaking throat!

Are you kidding me?

Is this my future?

What the hell did the guy do?

Put the creamer bowl down in the wrong spot?

And sometimes that's all it takes in a long-term arrangement. I know a bunch of couples who've been together for a long, long time. If you didn't know better you'd think they were mortal enemies instead of partners for life.

A few weeks back we were at church and part of the ceremony was to honor a couple that was together for 50 years.

Everyone was oohing and ahhing.

Except for me.

I turned to my Wonderful Aunt Rosalie who is into her 80's and certainly misses my Uncle Herb.

"That poor bastard," I whispered.

I know, I know...it was church!

Yet we were at an outside mass so it didn't really count.

My Aunt laughed.

But there has to be a ton of hate built up to kill someone in such a manner, huh?

I just don't get it.

Then again, last week as I waited in Boston for my wife's motor to get running to start the day I silently thanked God above that I was sipping coffee out of a Styrofoam cup.

Just kidding!

Beautiful wife.

Something tells me that the whole thing is going to go down in the exact opposite manner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty