Sick of Myself

I've been at this blog since November 12, 2007. At least one post a day...sometimes two.

As my college buddy Rosie described my writing career:

"Blah, blah, blah, blah, freaking blah."

When I wanted to be a writer a friend of mine, Zane, said:

"Shut-up and write."

I listened to him. So many words.

And the thing about it is that I'm trying to condense the words I'd written into a few hundred so that we can make a book about Thoughts of a Common Man.

I thought it would be fun.

It's not.

"Blah, blah, blah, blah, freaking blah."

Yet there are certainly a few realizations. I had never re-read anything. Write it, hit the button, let it out there. Re-reading your own stuff is weird. But truth be told, I've laughed at a few lines.

I recruited a few friends to pick out some of their favorites - Thank you Barb - and then I set in to reading.

--- It's weird to watch the kids grow up during the time set aside for the blog.

--- The pain is all right there. Wide open. As honest as I can be.

--- I'm real obnoxious when it comes to the 27-Time World Champion, First-place, greatest franchise ever, New York Yankees.

--- I don't like Lance Armstrong.

--- Friends, Family and Love have prominent roles.

--- I'm real tired of myself about now.

But I can see the vision of my publisher. The people who work there are the real talented people.

My contribution:

"Blah, blah, blah, blah, freaking blah."

Comments

deafjeff said…
How the hell am I supposed to pick out a few favorites? I had 15 dates written down from the first 2 months! Stick to the ones about the Grape Apes and you'll be fine!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie