2012 Pepper Party!


Remember Christmas when you were a kid?

You'd be wide awake, looking at the clock, counting the minutes until you'd get out of bed, right?

There was a little of that going into the weekend.

The Fuzzy-Palooza was upon us.

Of course there was a bit of work mixed in.

I shopped for the ingredients, thinking up the pepper recipe with an eye on trying something a little different this year.

I have little chance of winning the contest because Pops has turned it into his own personal quest.

Reminds me of when Betty Rubble and Wilma Flintstone won the baking contest with their Upside-Down-Flint-Rubble-Double Cake.

It isn't about the winning though. We are all well aware that if he were around the guy who started this event would have won it every year anyway. We all like to think we can cook...Jeff was an artist.

Yet the entire weekend is about a lot of fun and seeing how many peppers we can stuff in our faces.

Sam was beside me as I prepared my entries this year. For the record he did watch me wash my hands before I got started.

"Wow, that'a a lot of work," he said as I cored the second bag of peppers.

"A lot of cheese too," he added.

There will be a bunch of photos added to document the 2012 pepper party.

I may even get a chance to have a drink with the winner.

And then on to the benefit softball tournament for Jeff's kids.

Is it any wonder I can't sleep?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie