How Low?

Bernie Madoff, multiple drunk driving convictions, cheating on your wife when she's giving birth, sleeping with your husband's best friend, driving drunk with the kids in the car, robbing graves.

I was thinking about all of these things yesterday simply because I picked up the newspaper and read two stories.

One was about a securities guy who bilked money out of his entire family and their friends. Like millions, actually, and of course, the shit eventually hit the fan. Now he gets prison.

"He's a great guy. Solid Family. Can't believe it."

The quotes from his friends are what gets to me. He robbed people of their retirement, their grocery money, their Bills season tickets money. Every dime. He hopes to make restitution.

But he was the good guy in the paper.

There was actually a woman who spent every nickel of money raised at a benefit that had been held for her son, who has cancer.

She gambled it all away.

She confessed to having a gambling problem.

Uh, ya' think?

I don't know about you, but I have a hard time which such action. I feel guilty about EVERYTHING!!!

Those nuns did a number on me.

I can't imagine feeling guilty about something like that. I've raised money in the name of others like Hunter's Hope, Women & Children's Hospital, City Mission, Jeff's children. I couldn't imagine being able to steal it without having to cut off my own head.

My beautiful wife and I were laughing the other day because of something Chris Rock said. I used it in reference to Manny Ramirez beating up his wife.

"It ain't right," Rock said, "But I understand it!"

I honestly don't.

We can all be tempted to lean that way, from time-to-time, but doesn't your own personal guilt get to you?

Maybe all children should be taught by nuns!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie