Thanks...Now Get the Hell Out

When I was a kid my Dad used to call me Jerry Lewis. I suppose it may have been because I was funny and talented or because I wore big, goofy glasses when I was in the 4th grade.

But to hear him tell it, it was cause I was kind of goofy and senseless in a Nutty Professor sort of way.

I was kind of indifferent to Jerry Lewis all those years because I wanted to steer clear of such a comparison...but I feel bad for the guy.

He did that telethon for all those years and his kids were like his kids to him. Now I've heard a lot about him as a true father and there are grumblings that he isn't the nicest guy in the world, but he deserved better.

I didn't watch the telethon this weekend, but supposedly they said some nice things about him as he decided to "retire."

He didn't announce his retirement. He said no comment to any of the well-wishers.

Sounds like he was shown the door, right?

That's too bad. I guess that when you outlive your usefulness, you're tossed aside.

MD is a horrible disease that certainly deserves our attention and the money that is generated by the telethon. I bet that you spent a lot of years thinking of the telethon and then immediately thinking of Jerry Lewis.

Not anymore.

Sinatra is gone. Sammy Davis Jr. is gone, Dean Martin is gone...

...and now so is Jerry.

Just one man's opinion, but they should have let him leave on his own terms. Even if he wasn't funny they should have introduced him as a legend and let him have the microphone.

After all, they did it for Bob Hope, who never told a funny joke in his whole life.

Comments

It's sad to see everyone leave, isn't it? And we are all heading into the same direction. *sigh*

♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥

Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?

YA Paranormal Romance, Darkspell coming fall of 2011!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie