Can You Get that Off the Top Shelf?


This woman stands all of two feet and three inches. She's 22 years old.

Where to begin.

I don't know why but as a teenager I wanted to make it to 6' tall. In fact, my hero during the grade school years was Wilt Chamberlin so I really, really wanted to be 7'2".

I did make it to 6', but now that Matt claims to be taller than me it sort of pisses me off. Why should I care?

Can you imagine Wilt standing next to this woman?

At 2' 3" there are a lot of things that just aren't going to happen. You won't ever ride a roller coaster at a 6-Flags park. In fact, you may not even make it to the bumper cars. I have never been as mad as I was at Disney when we waited in line for the bumper cars and one of my boys couldn't get on because he was less than an inch short of making the ride.

And we are coming off a week when bullying is a real topic in this land. Kids are killing themselves because others are making fun of them. I sincerely hope this woman has a sense of humor because there are going to be snide comments coming her way.

Through the years, of course, I've met and worked with people of all shapes and sizes. I know some who bring it up first to defuse the situation. I laughed my ass off when a 400-pound guy started a conversation with the old Chris Farley line: "I have what some may call something of a weight problem."

When I started losing my hair it really bothered me. Until it didn't anymore. Now I lead with the bald jokes. I love telling someone else they're bald. They look at me and point and laugh.

So life is most likely different for this woman. I'm sure she is most likely used to it all, and the best part of it all?

She's in the Guinness Book of World Records, and you're not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty