Hail Ricky, Full of Grace

One of my aunts was named Grace. We had a Boxer dog named Ricky. I remember the dog going after my aunt and my father saying, "Hail Ricky, full of Grace."

Funny what your mind does for you.

I thought of Ricky and Grace and my Dad today as I drove down Main Street in the City of Buffalo. Stopped at the red light I watched a woman with an umbrella in her right hand, a poster board sign around her neck, as she said the words of the Hail Mary and counted it off on the rosary in her left hand. There were two other people standing out there with her, in front of the abortion clinic.

Their signs read: ABORTION IS MURDER!

And it kind of struck me. I read the prayer words from her lips. It was only 7:30 in the morning.

It all seemed like a colossal waste of time to me.

Now, I'm not dumb enough to get into the pro-choice, pro-life argument. I know what I believe. Not sure I'd stand on a corner and preach it to someone else.

Not sure I am confident enough to be able to speak with certainty on such subjects. I definitely know that I would be uncomfortable with a sign around my neck, I've never held an umbrella, and if I say the rosary it will be in my own bed where there's little chance that anyone will read my lips.

Here in Buffalo we had a man shoot an 'abortion' doctor in the name of life.

Stealing a thought from George Carlin here..."Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity."

Anyway...Hail Ricky full of Grace.

I will end this never-ending blog with another thought from Carlin because he was my father's favorite:

"Some people see things that are and ask why. Some people dream of things that never were and ask why not."

"Some people go to work and don't have time for all that shit."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty