The Evening News

So, this weekend is the unofficial end of summer, huh? The kids are going back to school on Tuesday, the pennant races are winding down and the 27-time World Champion Yankees are in 1st, the Bills are getting ready to kick-off another exciting season...

...and the kid we sent off to college in a tearful manner (my wife) is back in his bed just a few hundred feet away. He left 9 days ago. He's been back twice. He's bored. He misses home. On Monday, three days after leaving, he ate meatloaf that I wanted for cold sandwiches the next day. Last night...back again.

I'm going to make the evening news with my reaction if this continues for much longer.

A little back story here:

I was rooting for the University @ Buffalo and a car ride there and back on a daily basis. Hunky and Dorey were telling me about the beauty of the small campus and the need for Hunky to become a man on his own. He would learn about hard work, sacrifice and missing the things he loves at St. Bonaventure.

As I love to tell my family on a daily basis:

Uhhhh, wrong again!!!!

Now I'm quite sure that this is just a blip on the screen. Life's a lot easier with Mommy and the Mule standing by. He will adapt.

"Let him find his own way," Kathy said. "He'll adjust. Don't say anything to him about coming home this weekend."

Matt entered the room.

"What in the hell are you doing here?" I asked. "I thought I was done seeing your face for awhile."

"I just missed you," he said.

So, here we sit. The big savings on the groceries this week?

Gone.

The senseless predictions about how the Bills are going 11 and 5?

Standing right in front of me.

The evening news, I tell you.

The evening news.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty