The Suckiest Bunch of Sucks That Ever Sucked

The name of this blog is one of the best Simpsons lines ever. The dialogue goes something like this:

Bart: Those Guys Suck!

Marge: I swear to God, I don't know where you kids learn such language.

Homer (on the telephone): That sucked. Those guys were the suckiest bunch of guys that ever sucked.

I thought of that line all morning. I had some training to do for a company and not only did they choose to do this training on MLK day, they also started it at 7 AM (an hour away from my house), and they needed to get the training done...outside.

To get there by 7...I was up at 4:45. I took Melky for her morning ride and headed to the site. Check out yesterday's blog...I was sick, by the way.

Ah, as the kids might say: Boo-freaking-Hoo. Or better yet...saddle up the mule it's time for work.

Whatever. I wasn't going to whine. I had my get-it-done attitude.

Until I froze my freaking big-ass-mule-ass off.

It was about three degrees this morning. Every time I had to watch an employee operate the forklift I had to do a checklist.

The pen didn't work.

My hand was frozen.

My nose was running.

"This sucks!" I screamed. "These guys are the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked!"

Six hours later I was back home with reports to write. First things first though, I needed a hot shower and some sort of cold medicine.

The kids were all home. They greeted the mule with a joke about enjoying what should have been a day off in celebration of MLK.

"I need a hot shower," I said.

"Hot water's gone," Sam chided. "I took a two-hour shower this morning."

I knew it was a joke the instant he told it.

"You suck," I mumbled. "All of you are the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked."

How was your day?

Comments

Christy said…
Wow...that is the best line EVER!!!!
It is an awesome line...

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie