Mr. Golden Voice

So, by now, everyone has witnessed the video of the homeless man with the golden voice, right?

We all know the story. The guy was spotted on the side of the road by a Columbus, Ohio newspaper reporter. He was holding a sign that spoke of his wonderful announcer voice and when he read a bit of script, the man sounded like the greatest voice ever. He is now being offered big jobs, parts in a movie, and free places to live.

The Facebook community is abuzz with his story and the cute little phrases of redemption and second chances are starting to drive me a little nuts. I must be the only guy in the world not all a flutter with the man.

What is wrong with me?

It is a wonderful story of second chances and shots at redemption. I am all about that, right? It will also, most likely take the man off the streets and put him in a position of esteem.

What about it rubs me the wrong way?

Perhaps that his name is Ted Williams and that makes me think of the Red Sux and we all know my feelings on them.

Maybe it is the fact that Ted Williams the homeless man and not the splendid splinter has nine kids, has been chased by the law, abused drugs and alcohol and never truly worked hard for his new positions.

He is on the freaking Today Show, Oprah the queen has to be calling soon, right?

And he hasn't done much with the gift from God other than abuse his family, himself and the laws of society.

All right...second chance...all for it...love Michael Vick, don't I?

Here's hoping that it all works out for the guy. I really do not want to see him fail, but for crying out loud, please stop sending me the you tube video of it.

Saw it. Cute. Wonderful. Good Luck.

I still hate the red sux.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie