730 Days

I have been granted 730 days to live without talking with my brother.

Let me tell you, it blows.

2 years ago today I got the call to tell me Jeff had collapsed at work. It is hard to pinpoint moments in your life that will forever change your life, but that wasn't one of them.

So, how has life changed in 730 days?

Sadly, some days it hasn't. I am still right there. Still out of control. Still trying to keep my head above water. Every single day. Every lousy moment. Knowing that there needs to be a moment of acceptance.

Never wanting to accept it.

I am battling though. Knowing that there has been some progress made in 730 short days...knowing I need a million more for acceptance.

I do need to know that my beautiful wife and my wonderful children have kept me afloat over the last two years. Without them, there would be so much more pain.

So where do we go from here?

Onto day #731, right?

Thats life. That is how we sustain. An hour at a time.

A day at a time.

Celebrate the day you've been given.

Oh Brother!

It's all we can do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty