Stop Yelling At Me!

So, two months after getting his driver's license, Matt, on his way to school yesterday, decided that he would rather take the bus.

He should have got out of his car before trying to board the bus though. Yep, smashed right into the back end of an empty school bus. So much for the plan to quit working because he had enough money, huh?

Now, thankfully, no one was injured, but the whole event sort of left us shaking our heads a bit about how prepared Matt is to enter the world.

When asked to produce the insurance card and registration he was yelling, "I don't know what that is."

Then confronted by a clearly agitated bus driver who was yelling at him for following too close Matt apologized.

The yelling continued so he apologized again. The driver yelled a little more about responsibility, and Matt uttered the line that will never be forgotten. It will be told to his children and their children down the line.

"Stop yelling at me, or I'm going to call my mother!"

I can imagine the bus driver wanting to laugh. I wish I could have seen his face when he made the threat.

Of course, Kathy responded and despite receiving a call that she dreads every time he backs out of the driveway, she was able to bring some calm to the scene.

There was little damage to the bus. Matt ruined a fender and a light. More money out the window. The old Mattdonalds fund is mighty low. Too bad he retired already.

I don't really mind though. If it costs $500 or so to fix it will have been worth every penny.

"Stop yelling at me or I'll call my mother!"

Priceless.

Comments

When I got in my first accident, I called Dad, of course.
"Dad, I just smashed the Camaro pretty bad."
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine, but the car is totaled."
"Eh, it's just a car and I'm glad you had the accident."
"What?"
"Now you got it out of your system and me and mom can stop worrying..."

When I heard about Matt's accident, I said, "Good, now he got it out of his system..."

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie