Living Proof

This morning I set off down the road early...like 5:30...towards Rochester to be on live television to talk about Oh Brother!

With a valuable assist from a great friend, Terry, I was to be interviewed. Let me tell you, lack of sleep has hurt my emotional state of mind. I got behind the wheel, with the full moon calling to me, and my mind in tune to how I wanted the interview to go. I felt as much like crying as I did sleeping.

I put on my I-pod and asked the gods of music to strengthen my mind as I drove. I wanted to hear from Jeff, and after a few songs from Seger, Ryan Adams, Paul Simon and the like, I got the Bruce song I was looking for.

Living Proof...

The lyric that spoke to me was:

Well now all that's sure, on the boulevard
is that life is just a house of cards
as fragile as each and every breath of these boys sleeping in our beds
Tonight lets lie beneath the eaves
just a close band of happy thieves
and when the train comes we'll get on board
and steal what we can from the treasures of the Lord.


So, I was spiritual. I was emotional and I knew that the verse spoke to what I needed to do. So much so that I started the song over and sang it again.

Then the freaky part. The song ended. My cell phone rang, it was Terry checking in, and the next song started.

I have 2000 songs. Four days of music. I was looking for a message. I was emotional.

American Land.

If you read the book, you know of what I speak. The Brucebumps ran down my spine. I said hello to Terry. A sob was stuck in my throat. The sun was coming up. The song was loud. The message was clear.

Don't blow the interview.

I don't think I did. Check it out: http://www.13wham.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=2123716&navCatId==2102.

Evan Dawson was an unbelievable host. Thank you. Terry, thank you. Kathy, Cindy, Carrie, Corinne, Yvonne....you know.

But most of all...

Living proof.

I swear to God. I never believed in God as much as the moment when the phone rang and American Land started.

There is no seperation.

Jeff knew where I was going this morning.

Comments

I was at work when I watched your interview. I unplugged my earphones from my i-pod and plugged them into my laptop to listen to the interview. When I was done, I plugged them back into my i-pod, still tearful and so proud from the interview, and American Land was just beginning...

There is no separation. You're 100% correct.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie