Nothing's Figured Out

For the last seven days I've been riding high. The entire transformation sort of hit me during the Knopfler concert and the draining self-pity of the last fourteen months that passed like one long freaking day, seemed to melt away.

I told a buddy that the remedy for the malaise is to see a genius perform once a week. Pretty sure I'd get tired of that too, though.

Yet that is the true kicker. I haven't figured anything out. I'm still going to work, watching the Yankees, facing difficult, difficult, trying situations - I'm going to the hospital tomorrow as my mother faces surgery - but there's a new understanding of sorts.

I suppose that I've accepted that life just blows, but that you don't have to wallow in the sad, sad, sad. I have faith that my mother will be fine.

Still faith...still so hopeful.

Many of my thoughts through the past seven days has been about maintaining the calm.

Here's a prediction - I won't.

Yet the cocksure, I can whip the world attitude, is gone.

I haven't figured anything out yet, but I'm going to ride the wave.

Any geniuses out there coming to Buffalo?

Comments

I'll be there in June, don't you worry.

I like your attitude: life just blows, but still faithful and hopeful. What else is there?

My entire day consisted of the question WHY - streaming through my brain, flashing neon. Guess what? Still no answer. Just maintaining the calm... for now.
deafjeff said…
Buy me a beer once a week, I'll provide the genius. If you insist on seeing genius, get the sticks out boy.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie