Never Done


There is a constant checklist running through my head. Much of it is work-related as the tasks are defined, prioritized, and hopefully accomplished. The task-list of work needing to be done around the house is also fairly heavy on any given day, but there's plenty of help there, and I've relaxed a little in that regard.

The writing to-do-list has been minimized as I sit in the lull of my career, wondering if that is something I even want to do anymore, but I have a sneaking suspicion that ideas will surface.

However...it can all go to hell for a week.

I want to chase a white ball around.

A few years ago I returned home from golfing with my buddy Scott. My wife was waiting at the door after my six hour round.

"How are his kids?" she asked.

"How the hell do I know?" I responded.

"You just spent six hours with him. What did you talk about?"

"I said, 'where'd my ball go?' Then he said, 'I found yours where the hell is mine?"

A week later, Scott and I settled in for another round.

"My wife wants to know how your kids are," I said.

"Good," Scott said. "How are yours?"

"Good. Now where the hell did my ball go?"

So, you see, that is the most pressing issue that I want to come up this week.

We all will be better for it if I can pull it off.

I may never be done with the tasks at hand, but please God all I'm asking for is some peace and quiet...

...and at least a freaking clue on how the hell to chip it on from thirty yards out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie