Capture the Moment


A couple of years ago Jeff and I golfed in a tourney with a couple of buddies and we paid to have a photo taken of our foursome. I never saw the photo until my brother-in-law Chuck found it in Jeff's bag last year. As I look at that photo each day, I remember the fun we had, the jokes that were told, and even how I did that day. So, I promised myself that I'd try and get a photo each time out this year.

And there you go. I most likely won't share them all, but this was captured at the turn this morning. Yes, that's a hot dog I'm holding. It was gone about three minutes after the picture was snapped.

Yet its strange that we are all trying to capture the moment with videos and photos. Everyone now has a camera on their phone or always at the ready, and shots can be forwarded, downloaded, photo-shopped, and doctored.

It's obvious I didn't doctor the photo to make any of us look better, but we all looked great anyway. How we scored is another matter all together, but the score doesn't mean all that much to me anymore.

Yeah, you heard me right: I don't even care if I win. I don't move the ball to get a better lie. I count all the strokes, laugh at my ridiculous reads on the putting green, and chip like a mentally-challenged monkey.

Yet that's not what matters.

What matters is how we look in the photo and the friendships that are forged in the hours it takes to run up such high scores.

Hopefully it will be a nice, long, slow week of capturing the positive moments.

Now if someone can give me a hint on how to land the damn ball on the green.

Not that it matters...truly.

Comments

Larry L said…
I don't play golf very often but when I do I always get my moneys worth. I am out there a very long time.
deafjeff said…
Bah! They need to make bigger greens obviously. We were horrible, but I wouldn't trade it for nothing. U chip like Mickelson compared to my putting.
Andrea Renee said…
Was it a Sahlen's hot dog? What I wouldn't give for a Sahlen's hot dog!
Cliff Fazzolari said…
Yes Andrea - it was Sahlen's - I lived in California for awhile - I know what you're talking about! It was pretty great.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie