The Freak Show

How Beautiful it is to do nothing and then rest afterward - Spanish Proverb.

The golf plan is working out well - even received a few tips on chipping it onto the green. Now if someone would beat me over the head every time I try and putt in a three footer.

Yet I must admit that I'm a little sore after three rounds in four days. Still so relaxing, but I'm not a young man anymore.

Had a couple of beers in the stifling heat and when I got home I checked the daily news and saw that Lindsay Lohan has been court-ordered to wear an alcohol monitoring bracelet.

Now through the years I've downed plenty of booze. I had so much beer in college that I detoxed for a few years afterwards. I've been asked not to get on a plane, cut off a couple of times in bars, and even left my car places because I knew it wasn't prudent for me to drive.

Yet I've never been court-ordered to stop drinking.

Man, you have to suck a lot of booze in some bad situations before they come looking for you, right?

All that money, all of those resources, men falling at her feet, hell, women falling at her feet and vice-versa, and she can't figure out how to stay clear of standing in front of a judge?

And how do you take to being told that you're too out of control to monitor your own drinking? How can you possibly stand up and face it when they tell you that one more slip-up and they're going to have to cage you?

The rumors fly around this poor girl. She was a superstar early on, and the alleged nightmare that she has for parents weren't able to set her straight, and now she needs a bracelet to stop her from having a glass of wine with a dish of pasta.

Oh well. I guess that money, power and fame are too much to handle, huh?

It just blows my mind that along with the drinking there seems to be a huge supply of stupidity.

Not that my friends and I did everything right as we grew through the years, but we must have had a little sense.

Here's hoping the freak show she's become finds the light someday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty