Just a Line in the News

Lots of topics out there getting away from me:

Have you seen the rash of attacks on children in China? Knife-wielding madmen cutting up nursery school kids. One man attacks with a hammer. I read the articles in disbelief - 120 million mentally affected adults in the country.

What gets me about it is that whenever I read about a terrorist attack in another country I wonder how they can be so barbaric. I see the other country in black and white and behind the times, but of course, that isn't true. The US has to be in the pennant race in domestic attacks by their own citizens, right?

Speaking of behind the times. The new immigration law in Arizona is sort of human-rights-defying now, isn't it? I just know that my sentence there is going to get me in all sorts of hot water with people who don't want illegal aliens entering the country willy-nilly, but that law blows.

Shouldn't a law be nondiscriminatory? If a cop stopped you and asked for paperwork would you be able to produce a passport or birth certificate? Hell, I'm lucky if I have my driver's license on me, and forget about the damn insurance card.

I don't know - there must be another way. Read about the border some time - it's a scary, confusing place for people on either side of it. I don't want people in the country stealing jobs, but I'm not picking beans either. My job remains unaffected. Confusing times.

Speaking of which - a car bomb in Times Square? I love New York City and particularly walking around near Times Square.

Yeah, yeah, I know - keep the illegals out and we'll have less to worry about.

Say, what color was Tim McVeigh?

All righty then, enough for now. It's just a few lines from the news.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty