What Are We Doing????

Are you kidding me?

Those are banned books in Oklahoma!

There are absolute classics on that list and I’ve read all of them.

I can’t for the life of me understand why they might be banned.

‘The Outsiders’?

What is the problem with that book?

I recently re-read it for what has to be the tenth time. Who could of possibly offend?

‘Of Mice & Men’ by my all-time favorite author, John Steinbeck?

When we were in the 8th grade we read the book as a class. 

Every day we would read a chapter or two and I couldn’t raise my hand fast enough to be the guy to read it to the class.

Just an incredible story,

Again, who could possibly be offended?

I read a quote attributed to Stephen King, who has a banned book or two on his resume.

King said that he couldn’t care less if one of his works is banned. Instead, he thinks banning a book makes more people want to read it.

But here’s a thought:

Many of the banned books on the above list are stories that are essential for a well-rounded education.

Perhaps that’s why we have an electorate that can’t figure out that treason is bad.

Not reading at all has allowed us to get to a point where a whole bunch of people can’t figure out that they’re being lied to on a daily basis.

What kills me about this list, though?

It’s that the people who scream about cancel culture are the ones who are cancelling books!

Books that even if they read them…

…likely didn’t understand the artists intention.

This world is making less and less sense every day!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie