Princess Di - 25 Years Ago

The day when Princess Di was tragically killed is one of those days that can’t ever be forgotten.

I was a brand new husband and father back then and life was moving pretty quickly.

It was hard for me to read the newspaper from cover to cover in those days, but on a Sunday morning I picked up the hefty Buffalo News and very nearly immediately dropped it.

The big, bold headline was staring me in the face.

Princess Diana killed in a car accident.

Stunning and still sad…

…25 years later.

The stunning part of it all yesterday was that so much time has passed since it happened.

It’s hard to believe.

I thought about how much life has changed since that day.

The kids are grown.

No one reads a newspaper anymore.

The news of the day doesn’t take hours or even minutes to get to us. It’s all instantaneous now.

Back then I had a pager.

Those were more annoying than a cell phone because once you received a page, you needed to scramble to find a phone.

That was a pain in the ass!

The saddest part of it all, looking back was that Princess Diana would’ve done a whole lot of good in this world. She was a leader and she had so much to offer.

And she had young boys.

One minute you’re here…

…the next minute you’re gone…

…and then 25 years are behind you.

Just like that.

It was a sad day.

Still is, looking back.

Gotta’ go, my pager is going off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie