9/11 Thoughts

Twenty-one years.

Blink of an eye.

Of course it’s one of those ‘where were you?’ moments, and I thought back to the car ride, listening to Howard Stern and hearing Bin Laden’s name for the first time.

Up to that point in time I didn’t pay a whole lot of attention to politics.

What I wouldn’t give to go back to that frame of mind!

But here we are, and I cringed every time I saw a ‘Never Forget’ post yesterday because you can’t rave about patriotism if you’re all good with what happened on January 6th, or you don’t care that nuclear secrets were removed from the White House.

Those are attacks as well, and that information being exposed makes us susceptible to another massive terrorist attack.

I pray we don’t someday pay the price for allowing leaders to live outside of the law.

Posting ‘Never Forget’ means zip when the former guy is hosting Saudi Arabia for golf, and $2 billion is invested in Kushner’s businesses.

Why would we invite these people here for social gatherings?

Seems like someone has ‘forgot’.

Yet, I did speak to the boys about memories of 9/11 and the hopelessness of that tragic day.

It seemed that a whole lot of what we believed in died that day.

The images of the towers coming down. Hearing that people jumped out the windows. The plane crash and the hole in the pentagon.

I was a young man then.

21 years later, the country is a powder keg.

And the news each and every day since is hard to swallow.

Ted Cruz rolled out a patriotic video yesterday, and I simply couldn’t even fathom such levels of hypocrisy.

‘Never Forget’?

Seems to be it’s been LONG forgotten.

Innocence ended that day.

Hopefully we make the changes needed, but fake patriots aggravate me these days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie