After Labor Day

The buses clogging up the roads.

The 20 mph in a school zone (for the entire day, mind you, even when every kid is in the classroom)

The weather suddenly going to dark and cool.

There’s just a magical switch that is hit after Labor Day weekend.

And of course, In these parts, all anyone is talking about is the Bills season opener, which happens tonight against the Rams.

The whole world is picking the Bills to win the super bowl - which should make everyone in Buffalo nervous.

Usually the team the experts pick to win it all, suffers.

My sons and nephews are already counting this as the first championship.

“Gotta’ do it first,” I cautioned them. “It’s a long season.”

“They’re going to go 15 and 2 and Josh is going to be MVP and they’re going to beat Tommy in the super bowl game,” my nephew John said.

“Are you Nostradamus?” I asked.

“What?”

“Well, what if I said they finish 7 and 9, Josh only starts 5 games and Tommy wins number 8.”

“That’s stupid to predict an injury,” Johnny answered.

“Its kinda’ stupid to predict pure bliss too,” I said.

He answered exactly like I imagined:

“GO BILLS!”

Indeed.

It’s after Labor Day…

…we need all the good news we can get.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie