That Roaring Crowd

I make my own schedule.

Somehow I scheduled a day trip to Boston on the same Monday that the Bills opened their home season.

My flight wasn’t scheduled to land until perhaps the end of the first quarter.

You know air travel!

I got to watch nearly the entire first half on the plane. 

Of course, the Bills look great. They are scoring at will, and it made me think of the ‘90’s Bills teams.

Yet that comparison really hit him as I was driving home after the plane landed. I put the game on the radio and was straining to hear what was going on, but the problem was the crowd.

They were absolutely roaring.

I knew that a bunch of friends and all my boys were there, and it made me think about going to those games more than 25-years ago.

Was certainly a hell of a lot of fun when I was in my late 20’s, but I can’t even fathom what it might take me to go to a game surrounded by 72,000 plus lunatics as a nearly 58-year old man.

By the time I sat down in the living room the Bills were up 31-7.

“That’s that,” I said, thankful that I didn’t have to stay awake to watch the end.

The boys sent me texts early on Tuesday morning.

“They’re so great!”

I thought back all those years.

How MY Bills team didn’t finish it off with a trophy.

Long way for my boys Bills team to go to win it all…

…but the thrill is in the chase, right?

That and the roar of the crowd.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie