Rainy Days & Mondays

I wrote about it in ‘The Big D’ but as an adult I can recall my Mom putting the Carpenters Greatest Hits on the turntable, and while I pretended not to like it…

…I loved it.

Karen Carpenter’s voice is simply amazing, and to this day, I feel a twinge of pain when I consider that she died young.

One of the songs on that disc is ‘Rainy Days & Monday’s’

They always get me down.

We had both a rainy day and a Monday yesterday.

Coming off a rainy day on Sunday when our tee time was rained out.

Coming off last Monday (a day off) when it also freaking rained!

How could I not be down?

I spent all last week waiting for that damn tee time, and the weather map looked horrible so we called it an hour before we were to tee it up.

Then it didn’t freaking rain hard enough to stop us all damn day long!

We could’ve played 36 holes!

But anyway, back to yesterday.

The rain was pelting the road and my hard hat wasn’t offering enough cover. I saw an older guy standing near an excavator. 

(By older, I mean the same age as me).

“How’s it going?” He asked.

I did my very best Karen Carpenter:

“Rainy days and Mondays always get me down.”

He laughed.

“Karen Carpenter you aren’t,” he said.

I wanted to hug him.

He got it!

I’m going to download that record!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie