Once in a Century Storm

Isn’t this like our 20th once in a century storm in the last couple of decades?

I can’t imagine having a home in the path of such a blast.

Saw photos of Fort Meyers - a shark in the streets. A home filling with water. Morons swimming. Cars moving through the streets without any drivers behind the wheels.

Then in Naples.

The main drag was a freaking river.

And of course, we all know people who live down there or have homes they run to, ironically enough, when the weather gets too crazy up here.

Hoping everyone is safe.

Homes and cars can be replaced.

“Damn, I hate water rushing in,” I said.

“Not sure anyone truly enjoys it,” Kathy mentioned.

And I certainly complain about the cold and the snow, but trying to bail water out my second story windows would probably sour me on weather that is mostly sunny but then drenched me beyond imagination.

“Why would anyone stay through an evacuation warning?” Kathy asked.

“Try and save their home, I imagine,” I said.

“That’s dopey.”

I know that I would hightail it out.

At least I think I would.

But, at the end of the day there will be loss of life. Pets will be left to fend for themselves.

Homes and vehicles and businesses and golf courses will be ruined.

I pray my West Palm get-away course and my buddy’s home are intact.

And I also pray that my friends and family stay safe…

…through the heartbreak and pain.

Hey.

It’s once in a century, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie