A Half Day

The Bills have their home opener on Monday, and because they’re expected to do big things this year, it’s a prime time game.

Monday night game at 7:15 p.m.

The parking lots will be open 3:00.

The pregame drinking may begin on Sunday morning:

So, the powers to be schedule closing the schools in and around the stadium after a half day.

Let the bitching begin!

Reading the comment section on any story - no matter the topic - is always great fun because view points tend to skew towards the extremes:

“Go Bills! We should all get the day before and the day after off every time they play!”

That’s followed by:

“No wonder why we are behind the entire world in education! Our kids can’t afford to miss any time. My taxpayer money going to the millionaires!”

Now, it’s about safety, right?

Imagine that kids are stuck in a bus for hours because of the traffic around the place.

I live a little more mile from the stadium and of course, we are affected by the traffic and the people hanging around MY grocery stores.

I won’t be affected on Monday, though.

Like a moron, I never even considered the schedule when I booked a work trip.

My plane doesn’t even land until an hour after kickoff. By the time I get home, the game will be in the second half.

My dopey children will all be at the game, and they sure as hell looked at their schedules to be sure it remained open. 

Those kids missing the half day of school will be all right.

The Bills will win too.

Making Tuesday a really slow day around these parts.

Let’s Go, Buffalo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie