Bills Fever 🥵

On Thursday I arrived home from work to see my boys bouncing off the walls.

“What’s up?”

“Three hours to game time.”

I’d almost forgot that they were on.

“You going to watch?” Sam asked.

“I can make it to the half, probably,” I said.

Sam couldn’t grasp that at all. He’d thought of nothing else all day. He started talking about Josh Allen. 

Somehow we got around to a discussion of golf.

“Could you beat him?” Sam asked.

“From what I saw he was a little out of control,” I said. “I play golf in the middle. Maybe I could beat him.”

“He’s a great athlete, though,” Sam said.

“Golf isn’t about being athletic,” I said. “It’s about being skilled.”

“He hits bombs,” Sam said.

“A lot of guys can hit it further than me,” I said. “I can win the hole though.”

Sam thought about it for awhile.

“Well, I believe in Josh,” he said.

I laughed.

“I’m your freaking father! You believe in HIM?”

Sam laughed too.

“Today, I think I love him more,” he said.

True to my word, I only made it to the half.

Game was tied when I went to bed, but I definitely knew the score as soon as it went final because I heard Sam and Kathy doing the post-game show.

I got up to hit the bathroom.

“Bills won!” Sam called up the stairs.

“Yippee. I can still beat him in golf.”

I heard them all laugh.

They ALL believe in HIM.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie