Wordle

I have a new first thing to do every time I open my eyes.

Wordle.

And it’s a good little game.

For the uninitiated, you try and figure out a 5-letter word with 6 guesses.

I always start with ‘Lucid’ and hope that I get a couple of letters and hopefully one in the right place.

Someday I hope they choose ‘Lucid’ and I get it on the first guess.

I’ve only missed twice.

Once was on day one when I didn’t know what I was doing and then I blew a 20 day win streak. I don’t even remember the word.

The guy who came up with the game has sold it to the New York Times.

Good for him.

Probably not so good for us.

I can’t even read a New York Times article without paying for it.

I doubt they’ll allow everyone to have Wordle for free for long. It’ll probably cost us $30 a day to take a guess at a word.

Here’s the other thing that’s weird:

I usually hate puzzles and there have been moments when I’ve felt uncomfortable being patient as I took my guesses, but it’s only once a day.

Five minutes of fun.

For free.

At least for now.

Hopefully the word is ‘Lucid’ today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie