War

Victor is a great worker. He’s also a good dude.

I kid him all the time about being from Siberia, but he is actually from Ukraine.

He has lived here in the United States for more than 20 years, but he still has an accent.

When he got here, I spent a lot of time trying to teach him about OSHA and construction safety. He’d been in the business over there for a long while, but their safety rules were a tad less than what we have here.

A few years back, we spoke about his home land.

“I miss being there,” he said. “I worry for everyone because it’s so unstable there, but I built a life here.”

Thankfully, things stabilized and he felt better.

Not today.

And the thing is, I felt sick all day yesterday. Most of America seems indifferent or wants to blame Biden.

Hell, some people are actually rooting for Putin.

It’s absolutely insane.

Tucker Carlson started his show by saying that Putin didn’t do anything to him.

That’s like saying that Jeffrey Dahmer was a pretty decent guy because he didn’t kill and eat me.

There hasn’t been an attack of this nature in Europe since 1939. I heard that mentioned somewhere.

But that isn’t what I thought about.

I thought about Victor and his family and all the Victor’s across the land.

Americans used to be compassionate.

We would never praise someone like Putin…

…the former president did.

Sad.

Wonder what Victor thinks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie