Making Fun Happen


We hit the links again and while the putting show I put on was one for the ages, as per usual, I had a lot of clear-headed thinking out there.

And I thought about guys who make the fun happen, like the man on the tee. We talked excitedly of this trip for over a month, and man, we have laughed a lot. 

With each other.

At each other.

A lot of reminiscing, but a lot of moving forward. 

Most of us have known one another for more than 25 years. 

There’s a lot of life that goes into that. 

Not all of it great.

This weekend has been great.

I made a Bolagnese sauce for the pasta, and I filled heaping plates for 7 guys.

There was not a single rigatoni wasted.

I thought of my Dad all through that as I cooked, and as I saw the plates get cleaned.

But that dinner was also something else because we sat around that table, long after the food was gone, just roaring with laughter.

And as I tend to do, I felt a twinge of sadness as I wondered about how many more times we could make it happen.

We’re getting up there! 

We all have aches and pains!

Didn’t dwell on that.

Two years ago, we had a similar trip and a month later, Covid halted everything.

Not a single thing is guaranteed.

So, I stayed in the moment.

Thankful for the guy on the tee, and every person there.

Need to make such a trip with my at home buddies, too.

It’s worth it.

Making memories…

…even when we’re f***ng 4-putting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie