Getting Groceries

I usually hit a store every other day at least for something.

Evidently no one else at Camp Clifford knows where the stores are in these parts.

“If you go to the store today can you grab me a deodorant?” One of the campers texted to me.

It has suddenly occurred to me that they understand that the guy who swings by the store is the one who has to pay.

And man, we’re certainly paying, right?

There are reports of heavy inflation being the cause and it’s on a global scale.

But it doesn’t addd up as simple inflation.

Not with corporations making record profits…

…instead it stinks of outright price gouging which is unconscionable.

My, my, my these are lawless times.

I actually checked myself out at a supermarket the other day and I begrudgingly picked up bacon for the BLT subs I was making.

A pound of bacon was listed at $8.00.

When I scanned it the price that came up was $10.99

For bacon!

A pound of cold cuts runs at least $6.00

Swing by McDonalds…

…one of their grease burgers runs at least $7 bucks.

And of course, the social media sites are blaming one guy. as if he is arbitrarily raising prices across the board.

I carried in one bag and a 12-pack of Coke.

$65.00

“Did you get my deodorant?” The camper asked.

I dug in the bag and tossed it to him.

“How much was it?” He asked (as if he was going to reimburse me).

“I’m afraid to look,” I said.

Something has to give.

Corporate greed is killing us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie