Commercials

There are some long-winded commercials on day-time television.

I normally put on either ‘Blue Bloods’ or ‘King of Queens’ as I write afternoon reports and nothing sends me scrambling for the remote faster than Jimmy J.J. Walker talking about something.

They must’ve told him to be funny because he uses his Dynomite catch-phrase and he also yells “Money!” in some sort of cartoonish voice that drives me crazy!

There’s also Tom Selleck telling me all about ‘Reverse Mortgages’ and his entire pitch to senior citizens seems to be: “We aren’t stealing your money.”

Then there is one that tugs on my heart strings with the kids from St. Jude Hospital.

Man, I want to donate to get that adorable blanket.

But the commercial that has recently caught my ear has been on the radio.

I don’t know what the product is but it’s a husband and wife using code words for when the kids are around and they want to have sex instead of what they’re doing.

“Let’s feed the cat,” the wife says.

Really????

That’s the code?

Why not:

“Let’s play hide the salami?”

I laugh every time.

“Feed the cat?”

Cripes!

The commercial gives a couple of other examples like:

“Let’s go bowling.”

Or

“Honey mustard.”

But ‘Feed the cat’?

My lord!

Those have to be dumb kids, especially if there’s no cat. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie