Now There’s Just Again

 “Hell, there ain’t no more, now there’s just again.”

A great line on aging.

We don’t see much for the first time.

Now it’s just again.

And I read something somewhere. The author explained that the struggle is continuous.

Over and over.

Until we leave this world.

Now there’s just again.

The dishwasher clogged. For a few days, I cleaned the dishes by hand. Then my brother-in-law swung by and fixed it in five minutes.

Two washes later, the water didn’t drain again.

And it’s a never-ending stream of such annoyances.

Struggle.

I landed in Boston and made my way to Cape Cod.

There was an exit for a scenic spot where photos can be snapped.

Thought about it…

…didn’t have time.

And the first time I made it to the Cape I was like it excited.

Now it’s just again.

It’s a shame that there aren’t a lot of ‘firsts’ left.

At work I’ll get a call:

“Got a question for you.”

I don’t even get anxious if it starts that way…

…been doing this so long that there aren’t any new questions.

Now there’s just again.

We were watching a show about some medical emergency.

“What’s the answer?” Kathy asked.

“How would I know?”

“Weren’t you a medic in ‘Nam?”

Now she’s doing my comedy bits back to me!

Again.

“Hell, there ain’t no more…

…now there’s just again.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie