The Lull

There’s just a week left in February and so far I haven’t had as much rage as usual.

It’s the worst month of the year.

Not even close. 

1). The weather is lousy - I’ve screamed “F*€£!” a few mornings this month, but we’ve had a couple of 40 degree days mixed in.

And I did have 4 days of better than 80 degrees, so…

2). Sports is in a lull. Football ends in the first week. Baseball has decided to eat itself, and the NBA while being mostly unwatchable, is taking a break.

The Olympics, you ask?

I watched the Russian who failed the drug test skate, and a couple of curling matches. Doesn’t feel right to root for Russia (I’m not a Republican) and curling is God-awful.

3). Dark and Grey

It’s dark when I leave the house. Dark all day because there’s no sun and dark when the work day ends.

There’s no way through it until the time passes.

Go forward through the dark to the other side of it because that’s where the light is.

4). Training

I spend a lot of time doing a lot of talking in front of a lot of people.

The same old jokes to the same companies.

At least a few times a week, and there’s pressure on me to perform a little. I have a reputation as a fun instructor.

Sometimes I don’t feel like having fun, but I usually find my footing.

Had a class yesterday where the owner slipped me a note while I was talking.

“Lunch is ready.”

I’d talked right through the break I was supposed to give to the class.

I dropped the mic and immediately walked off…

…headed straight to the buffet…

…as the class roared with laughter.

So far, so good.

Just a week left in February and only a few weeks to March Madness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie