Drudgery

I’m an optimistic guy by nature.

I also open my eyes and immediately go through the anticipated schedule on any given day.

Yesterday, I slept a little longer - was 07:00 when I opened my eyes - knew I could stay in bed and read the news of the day because it was Saturday.

Started with a story on the baseball lockout. It’s so aggravating to me. The one sport I love isn’t going to start the season on time.

Why?

Who the hell knows???

Who even wants to read about it?

Not me.

So, I stopped on the update about the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

How does that not make one sick?

Death and horror in a far away land because Putin is a mad man.

The article I read was a discussion about some of those in politics here saying positive things about the mad man.

I quit reading about that too.

Next up was an uplifting piece about how we are going to pay more at the pumps and at the grocery store.

Corporate greed being the culprit.

None of that was being bantered about…

…instead it was all about who is to blame.

Boring.

I got up, and started my day which largely consisted of being Ace Ventura.

Feed the cat, feed the dogs, change the cat litter, let the dogs out, clean up the toys they left all over the room, let the dogs in, give them bones, get the puppy off the cat, throw the ball for awhile. 

Over and over again.

We put on a show.

Halfway through we heard a loud bang.

“Was that upstairs?” I asked.

“Sounds like it was outside,” Kathy responded.

No follow up noises so we forgot about it.

An hour later Jake came home.

“Yo, why is the gutter hanging off the house? It crushed the mailbox, you know.”

I went outside to take a peek.

My God.

February!

Absolute

Drudgery.

Time for a contractor.

Sign a check to get it fixed.

Opening Day is only 40 days away!

Shit!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie