Every Day


 Had an interesting conversation with one of the guys on the golfing foursome on day 2 of the little trip.

“We can’t possibly aspire to do this every day after we retire.”

I was shocked!

“Of course. We can!”

“You’d get bored,” he said. “Wake up, go to breakfast, play mediocre golf, go to dinner. Eh. Playing a few days now is great but no way can this be a full-time gig.”

I hadn’t even considered it for a moment. This is a trip to paradise for me, but he’s probably right.

Even at 57 years old, I don’t know how I’m going to feel after 4 straight days of playing. 

I currently feel like the tin man before he met Dorothy and we only played twice.

But live from the course:

I birdied the second hole with a chip in from well off the green and that was roundly booed from the other guys.

(Cause I don’t shut up about it)

But the sand got me a few times.

Nice courses have a lot of sand traps.

Bastards. 

Pray that I can move around today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie