Love & Hate

I’m taking some time away from work. Something I don’t do nearly enough, and this time I wanted to make sure that there were more than a few days involved.

A vacation doesn’t work if it’s only a long weekend at a time. There’s a disassociation that needs to happen to clear the mind and body.

Started it all with a backache that won’t quit, and on Monday I still felt the pull from work.

I felt a little better on Tuesday but thought a lot about not sitting still and love.

And hate.

I have a tendency to not relax. It’s hard for me to sit and watch a half hour show without getting up for something.

I was making a frittata (yeah) when my phone chimed.

News of Tom Brady officially retiring after a couple of days of wild speculation.

That’s where the hate came in.

My God! 

You’d think Brady was responsible for an insurrection that involved overthrowing the Democracy. He’s definitely more hated than the guy who tried that!

Just vile, nasty comments.

I think it’s a shame. He was good at his job and had an unreal dedication. Was also fun to watch as a talented guy. That’s how I saw it.

Cheater, crybaby, whiner, overrated….

…one nasty comment after another.

People certainly unload some mad hate on social media.

Then, later in the day, all three animals came in the house after a rousing romp in the backyard.

They all came straight to me, and I laughed as Oliver and Paris tried to kiss me as though I’d just returned from war.

“Man, they love you,” Kathy said.

And they do.

Pets are love in the purest of forms.

I basked in their adoration, and thought about how easy it is for them to love…

…and how easy it is for humans to hate.

There has to be a lesson in there somewhere, but I didn’t bother looking for it.

I’m on vacation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie