Trick Or Treat

We didn’t really go out of our way to celebrate Halloween when we were kids. I remember sloughing you and down the street, of course, a whole bunch of us, getting candy.

But mostly we thought wearing costumes was kinda’ dumb.

My kids were the same way.

We’d almost half to force them to go knock on some doors.

Yet, there are people who really get off on it.

Houses are decorated. Selling pumpkins is big business.

This is where I go on record and state that anyone eating or drinking something pumpkin flavored...

...is a little off.

There’s pumpkin freaking everything! 

Everywhere!!

I got a pumpkin flavored coffee, by mistake one morning, and I tossed it after one sip.

The ghosts and ghouls and all the scary stuff is a tad odd too and we always talk about the Saturday that we shelled out ten bucks apiece to go on a haunted hay ride and about a minute and a half in...

...we were headed back to the car with three hysterical kids.

There hasn’t been a kid at our door looking for candy in about ten years.

A fear of Melky has kept them all away. Poor Melky is fighting arthritic legs now.

I do buy a bag of candy and leave the lights on...

...but no one shows.

I’m thinking a pandemic might even slow things a bit more.

But Happy Halloween...

...May the great pumpkin bring you all you desire.

I’ll be eating the bag of candy that I buy for the kids.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie