Baseball ⚾️ Is Over

I didn’t watch a single pitch of the World Series.

Not sure why. I wasn’t that upset about the Yankees getting beat, but a few factors came into play.

1). Other than Kershaw I didn’t care about seeing the Dodgers win. I’ve always liked Kershaw though, and I’m happy for him.

2). Baseball is on too late.

Now, it’s only 8:00 when the game starts, but why bother if my team isn’t in there? The Rays change pitchers every other inning, and neither starter went more than 6 innings. Didn’t want to invest a couple of hours in watching a game when the end was still 2 hours away and 2 hours into my sleep time.

3). The shift and the bullpen use 

Even during the Yankees-Rays series I was put off by the entertainment value of the games.

Shifts are taking away all base hits other than Homers.

One relief pitcher after another is killing the pace and they’re all throwing 100. Strikeouts reign!

4). Umpires

They stunk in the Yankees series. Okay, I was a little mad.

So, congrats to the Dodgers - first title since 1988.

A positive Covid test during the game and the guy who tested positive went back out and sat with his teammates and his older managers and coaches.

He ripped the mask off.

MLB forbade him to go out there, but he did anyway.

For Justin Turner...

...I kinda’ get it. He’s been there a long while and he wanted to celebrate with the same teammates that he’d been hanging with for the first seven innings...

...but damn!

Once you do have a positive test...wear the mask!

Is it that much of a problem?

What if your manager gets it and it kills him?

Was the celebration picture with your huge, red beard showing worth it???

Weird.

Anywhoha...

...let’s sign DJ and Masahiro!

And get back to work on #28!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie