Now What?

The frost pushed back the tee time. When we hit our first shot - down the middle - it wasn’t 40 degrees.

The course was set to close for the season following Sunday’s final round.

Had a great time and me and JC both made long putts on the final hole...

...which was apropos for a good year.

We are now just 8 days away from the most horrendous election ever. When that is over...

...maybe there will be relative calm.

(Probably not as one candidate appears keen on a scorched earth approach to how the Democracy rolls).

Could it be that the world may calm down?

(Of course not).

Yet, for me and the other three guys I hung with every Sunday morning in this god forsaken year, the question remains:

Now what?

I know the time will get filled - I’ll write a little, make some breakfast, hang with the dogs & cat.

Try and stay warm.

But what I will miss most of all is the looking-forward to the 4 hours of relaxation.

We all have enough golf balls, but I enjoyed going into the woods to find a few more.

I liked standing in front of the ball with 100 yards to go, and knowing that all I had to worry about was executing a good 9.

There were so many little moments throughout.

Serenity in a world that’s been fouled and confused for most of the calendar year.

Now what?

COVID-19, election, lies, nastiness, and a huge hole where calm used to be.

Anyone know of any good shows?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie