Sleep Deprivation

October is my birth month.

Some of my favorite memories reside in October’s gone by.

Reggie hit 3 out on my 13th birthday to close out the Dodgers in ‘77.

Bucky Dent, Aaron Boone, Derek Jeter, Bernie, Paul O’Neill and a hundred other Yankees have been stars in my October memories...

...and the one thing I recall about a whole lot of those October days is being really, really tired during the work days.

This week has been a mess of sleep depravation.

You see, the Yankees always get the night game because they’re the biggest draw. I’ve made peace with that, but they also play really long games.

And now I have Miller the cat who has decided that his job is to now wake me up each morning.

He doesn’t have to go outside!

But that’s why he’s waking me up.

To top it off, I got my hip steroid/cortisone injections on Monday and much like the President I’ve been operating under a bit of a mental steroid fog.

You know when you yawn and make that long drawn out noise?

I did that about 30 times on Tuesday afternoon.

That’s not the worst part...

...I’m actually just laying in bed, reading a little and scrolling Twitter.

That’s rest in itself, but baseball playoffs are so intense for me. Even when the game ends, I can’t go straight to sleep.

One final problem:

No off days in 2020 because we haven’t been tortured enough!

In past years you at least had travel days mixed in. 

Now they’re playing every damn night!

Miller’s wailing siren-like alarm comes awfully early!

And this is what I do for fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie