What We Look Like Old

It was disconcerting.

Good old Pops sent me a couple of photos of me as an old man.

There must be an app going around.

I didn’t look great.



Scary, huh?

Pops looked worse...

...and I’m not sure that anyone actually thinks they look better aged 20 or 30 years, but I’m sure we’d all like to get there, given the other option.

And then it got worse...

...someone on twitter ran the app on Springsteen who is nearly 70...

...showed him at about 90!

It made me sad.

It also made me think of how quickly it all goes.

I already have grey hair, but I don’t have much in the way of wrinkles.

They’re coming!

Seeing myself at that age is almost as alarming as seeing photos of me that are now 35 years old or more.

In Mellencamp’s song he sings,

“17 has turned 35.”

I was 24 when that song came out.

My 17 has turned 54.

As quickly as Mellencamp sang it.

Will 54 go to 84 just as quickly?

Not sure, but there’s an app for it!

And man, it’s disturbing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie