Hammered!

Every year, every baseball team gets beat badly on any given day.

Yankees lost 19-3 to the hated Red Sux last night and that’s troublesome only because the Sux fans, who haven’t said much this year are suddenly awake.

Now I’m forced to talk about the ten game lead...

...or the 27 titles...

...or the 86 years that went by where Boston won zip.

And it’s all in good fun, I suppose, and there’s no Yankees love without Red Sux hate...

...but I’ll take a beating all day.

I think back to my Boston buddy Joe Pugliese. We went to a Sux-Yankees game together at the old stadium.

Dwight Evans hit a 3-run homer as I was buying us 4 hot dogs and 2 large beers.

I got back to the seat and Joe was looking like the cat that ate the canary.

“Know what happened when you were gone?” He asked.

I had watched the bomb on the television monitor at the hot dog stand.

“I know,” I said.

“You look a little pale,” he said.

“That’s because I’m worried,” I said.

“Worried about losing?”

“No,” I said. “I’m worried about eating 4 hot dogs and drinking 2 large beers as you watch me.”

And I did.

With Joe laughing his ass off beside me.

Yankees-Red Sux fun!

Three more this weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie