First Responders

It’s hard to believe that the firefighters and police officers had to basically march on Washington to make sure that the funds were there for all those who suffered through sickness and death.

It was 9/11!

Remember to ‘Never Forget’?

And it even took Jon Stewart and a couple of brave firefighters to go to Washington to embarrass the ‘leaders’ to do the right thing and make it permanent.

No begging for money every year.

So, it was a good day...

...and then the big liar ruined it.

“I was down there. I wouldn’t call myself a first responder, but I spent a lot of time with you down there.”

He didn’t.

By all accounts he never set foot at ground zero.

Even the lies he’s told don’t add up.

He saw the Muslims celebrating on roof tops in New Jersey, right?

He also called in to a television show and bragged that he now had the largest building.

I don’t know why we let him ruin everything, but he does.

What matters, I suppose, is that it actually passed both houses and made it to the desk for the signature.

There isn’t a hell of a lot that they all agree on!

Bills passed in the house don’t even make it to the senate floor.

Hell, the first responder bill almost died because Rand Paul was suddenly worried about the deficit.

But it got through.

Finally.

And I think it’s kind of embarrassing that they had to beg for the money.

Remember that day?

How it felt to be an American under attack?

I do.

And I recall the acts of bravery...

...and the amazing resolve of those who bravely stood at Ground Zero and helped in anyway

I can’t even begin to imagine how low someone would have to go to claim to have been there helping.

But he was elected.

What a dope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie