A Lotta’ Life Lately

One of the pitfalls of being a man who thrives on routine and an obsession with trying to live the same day every day is that life often gets in the way.

In the last two weeks:

Car crash.

Sick dogs.

Sick parents.

Bum knees.

Sore backs.

“Bah! What the hell is going on?”

Sometimes there’s too much life, and there’s a great desire to try and get things back in order.

I truly envy people who don’t care about order. I don’t know how they survive, but I envy them, from time-to-time.

The old, “whatever will be will be” crowd.

And my beautiful wife has been at the epicenter of all of it. She can barely walk after getting smashed in the car accident, she’s tried her best to work through it, and help out her family...

...and try to deal with insurance and doctors.

And me!

“What’s the plan?” I texted one morning.

“I don’t have a plan! I’m trying not to drive into a bridge abutment.”

Okay.

“I’ll get dinner ready.”

How else do you answer that?

Sometimes, life comes at you and just keeps coming.

Just gotta’ ride it out.

Hopefully, it smooths out before you hit the abutment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie