A Little Tired

Woke up in Buffalo at 3:15 so I could get out of the house by 4:15 to catch a plane that was leaving at 5:15.

I was in Chicago before I even knew what was going on.

By 9:00 I was walking on a site in Shawnee, Kansas.

What a world!

I visited a couple of jobs and had lunch with the client, walked one of the sites again, and headed back to the airport.

Yeah.

Trying to do Kansas and back in one day...

...thing is, I make my own schedule!

“It’ll be a miracle if four flights are on time,” I mentioned to Kathy, but by 7:45 pm I was eating a cheeseburger in Washington D.C.

And then I got the text.

“You’re now leaving at 10:50 p.m.”

Worst part was that we were going to board a bus that would take us to the plane.

And there were a dozen loud women, cackling at everything!

At one point, as we were standing in line they looked at me and tried to draw me into their conversation.

“I go to bed at 9:00 most nights,” I said. “I don’t even know what the hell you’re talking about.”

Kathy called.

“How’s it going?”

“I’m a little tired.”

Boarded the plane...

...I was in the very last seat.

Bah!

We were set to arrive at 12:15.

Which means bed at 1:15.

A nice, neat 22-hour day to start the week.

At nearly 55 years old.

Weird, actually.

I set foot in 4 states and 1 District.

Bought a pair of shorts at Wal-Mart, write reports at the airport.

A full day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie