Man On the Moon

Fifty years have passed since my Mom made us all sit quietly in the living room and watch the moon landing.

I was only 4-and-a-half years old.

I didn’t much care for sitting quietly, but I do, distinctly recall, Mom saying:

“This is important.”

I also am flashed images of the grainy photo, and Mom and Dad being amazed.

Me, my brother and my sister were less impressed.

We got to go play.

50 years later?

I’m kind of amazed that they made it there and back, especially in the little ship that they used.

There’s renewed talk of a space force.

Maybe go back to the moon?

Perhaps a trip to Mars??

It’s hard to imagine that we’d get all the Americans ready to get so excited to go.

We can’t agree on anything anymore and all the money is being squirreled away by the people who have all the money.

One of the people who hung back in Houston and helped land the space ship 50 years ago was interviewed about it, and he was more than a little annoyed.

We made it and then we just quit.

He also mentioned that we could harvest water and energy, but we aren’t interested anymore.

So, that’s that, I guess.

I probably won’t see anyone else walk on the moon. I certainly won’t be making the trip, and 50 years ago, that was a possibility.

“If you could make a trip to the moon would you want to?”

That question popped up on my Twitter time line.

Probably not is my answer.

I don’t even want to go to Hawaii because the flight seems too long to me. Besides, what’s there to do there once I arrive?

Collect rocks?

Amazing that we made it.

Mad respect for all those who worked to pull it off...

...but I speak for millions of Americans who shrug it all off.

The Space Force will be here before we know it...

...at least that’s what Donald said, and he never exaggerates.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie